Choosing Wisely forum – hold the date!
On Friday 1 May 2020 in Wellington, the fourth Choosing Wisely campaign forum will be
held in Wellington, in partnership with the Health Quality & Safety Commission. The forum
will provide an opportunity for health professionals to learn more about how to develop and
extend their Choosing Wisely work, and to hear from consumers.
The last Choosing Wisely forum was held in May 2019, with the theme Continuing the
conversation. It was attended by about 130 people.
An evaluation of the 2019 forum found that potential practice changes included:
- further investigating Choosing Wisely within a region
- always ensuring the four questions were asked and answered
- initiating a planning group to investigate how to influence Choosing Wisely within an
- encouraging nurses and doctors to bring patients’ needs and requests to the table
focusing on communication, equity and evaluation
- consideration of development of guidelines and collaboration.
Don’t miss the May 2020 forum – further details coming soon.